Saturday, November 22, 2008

While I was in Santa Barbara of course I had to visit the local Zoo. Here are a few pics I was able to capture.

I enjoyed watching these tortoises push each other around. It was the most activity I have ever seen between two of these huge reptiles.


This Victoria Crowned Pigeon gave me a whole new way of looking at the flying rats I am used to seeing within the city limits. I think my views of pigeons would change greatly if they looked as beautiful as this one.


A curious lizard


This little croc held still long enough to get a decent capture. Since he was held in a fairly dark tank, this exposure was 2 seconds long.


Every once in awhile I get lucky enough to capture a funny moment. This family had no idea they had an admirer right behind them. Only if the baby was able to talk.


I spent a good hour waiting for this snowy leopard to turn around so i may get a decent capture. Patience is something I am starting to really appreciate.


A lioness enjoying her bask in the sun. It was a beautiful fall day in Santa Barbara with temps reaching 85 deg F.


This silver back was obviously not pleased about getting his picture taken but who is???


I think I startled the little guy.


I visited another zoo and I had another fabulous day just admiring the animals of the world.

No comments: