Sunday, November 23, 2008

When in Santa Barbara, I went out early to catch the sunrise. I realize that a sunrise and ocean view on California's west coast may sound crazy but it happens. Santa Barbara can actually see a sunrise and a sunset on its beaches during this time of year. The sun rises far enough south that even on a California coastal beach, one may witness the beauty of a sunrise over the ocean's horizon.

Here are a few examples of that and what I call the California dream.






While shooting the surfers, I noticed this photographer focusing on the sea birds rather then the ocean's fury behind him. I hope his camera is semi water proof.


These two teens were lobster hunting in the rocks. They did not catch anything but they provided good subjects for me.


Times like this I realize that living in California has its benefits.

No comments: