Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I am such a Dumb Ass


Well, I managed to break my ankle this weekend and have no idea how I did it. I know how this must sound but it is true. I was so freaking exhausted last week that I just do not remember. The only faint memory of hurting my ankle is when I stepped on top of Declans transformer toy. But I really do not know when i did that or if that was the cause.

Saturday night after waking up in my car, another long story for later, my ankle was stiff and hurt when I tried to get out of my car. I just felt old and pathetic but had no idea i broke it. The next few days, the pain did not subside so I started to get a little worried. Poor Theresa thought it was just another ploy from me to excuse myself from any house responsibilities.

On Monday, I finally went to see the doc. I spent most of the day waiting first for my doc, then the podiatrist doc, then the MRI tech and finally back to the podiatrist. At the end, the podiatrist said he found some loose bone fragments in my ankle but can not tell if they were new or from my motorcycle accident from 20 years ago. He slipped on this huge Darth Vader boot on me and asked me to come back in a week to take another picture. According to him, the swelling needs to go down before he make make a better diagnosis.

Of course, I have a gig this weekend. On Friday afternoon I am taking pictures for a wedding and on Saturday I am taking pictures for a party. Great timing to get hurt. This is the one time I wish I had an assistant . Oh well, like my dad always says, "don't worry, you will survive".

No comments: