Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cal Rubgy and Old Friends

This Saturday I was invited to go see the Cal bears play St. Mary's Gaels Rugby Match with my father and his two long time friends. These three Berkeley alumni over many years have enjoyed meeting up to watch Cal football and more recently Cal Rugby. This marked my first experience watching live Rugby and I was thrilled. Even though I kept bugging my dad about the rules and strategies of Rugby, it did not dampen the excitement when a great play was made by either side.

The over sold grand stands and surrounding stand-only locations were packed with fans. By the time the game was about to begin, security had to turn people away from the entrance. Even "tight wade hill" had spectators filling up to see #1 in the country Cal against #3 St. Mary's face up for what I thought would be a great game. As it turned out, Cal handed St. Mary's a severe beating 56 to 5.

Here are a few shots I was able to capture with my ever surprising Canon S90. Who said one can not use a point & shot to capture sports? :D





































Thank you Dad, Ralph and Jeff for allowing me to join your traditional outing. I enjoyed myself thoroughly and hope I will be invited once again on the next Cal alumni get together.

No comments: