Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Carnegie Hall Portraits

With my honor, I get to announce that my fav mother-in-law is going to play at the world renowned Carnegie Hall. I am unsure of the exact dates but I will post them as soon as I know. I am also honored that I was able to shoot some portfolio shots for their Carnegie Hall Poster and some for their own portfolios.

I had a lot of fun with this shoot. We were able to use a piano in one of the show rooms at Sherman Clay in Walnut Creek. These guys had great personalities which helped me with not only posing them but feel comfortable enough to understand some of their personality traits to hopefully highlight them in the shots.

I took color shots but converted them to B&W. I just tend to like B&W portraits unless there is a real need to have color to highlight the scene or emphasize a curtain mood. B&W on these shots helped me set the mood not only for the scene but for the overall feel of the subjects artistic look.

First, the group shoot


Individual shots of Bruce










Individual shots of John










Individual Shots of the Teacher, Janet









Good luck to everyone at Carnegie Hall. I wish I was there to cheer you on and capture this monumental moment for you all.

No comments: