Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School


Today was a very exciting and big day for our family. Today was not only the first day of school for Eva and Isabel but it was the first day in 1st grade. The girls are officially in the long learning curve of the educational system. I hope they enjoy school as much as I did.

I have great memories of my elementary years. Maybe it is just because i am reminiscent of the good old days but I recall enjoying those years making new friends and learning how to socialize. I am sure my parents have a much more accurate recollection of my school likes of those years.

I think poor Theresa and I were more nervous then the girls. When we enrolled the girls in 1st grade, we decided that the girls would go to separate classrooms. We wanted them to try to become less dependent on each other and become stronger individuals. This is the first time they have ever been separate for any length of time. Theresa and I are crossing our fingers that we made the right decision.

No comments: