Saturday, June 21, 2008

Kidnapped for the Day


A few of my photo buds from work was tired of hearing me complain i never have enough time to go out and shoot so the kidnapped me and drove me to Yosemite for the day. Even though we were only their for a day, it reminded me why this place has been coveted by so many.

Yosemite was our country's first public preserve sanctioned be President Abraham Lincoln. This is also the place where two of my heroes, Ansel Adams and John Muir, spent much of their lives trying to preserve one of nature's most stunning display of beauty.

Every time I am here , I am intimidated in trying to capture such awe inspiring scenes. So many have done this place justice that I have a hard time trying to capture the feeling of how this place moves me.

Lucky for me, the motley crew from work as seen below didn't allow me to chicken out.



Here are a few of my shots.










Well there it is, my one day of escaping the day to day grind to spend it with great friends in one of nature's most beautiful works of art.

No comments: