Sunday, December 20, 2009

Two Sides of a Coin

As an adult I realize making friends is not as easy as in the days of school yards and recess play time. Now-a-days silly emotions and mostly ego get in the way of creating life long friends. Fortunate for me, I have made some during my time at my present job and no other as much as Stace. Stace has become a true friend and a friend I would like to keep for a lifetime.

Many years ago when I first met Stace, she asked me to take some pictures of her and her clan of friends. I took a few but nothing super and nothing that showed the different personas of this gorgeous but feared by many complex person. She has the presence to either rip your head off with speed and grace or give you a big hug of unbelievable warmth. It just depends on what end of the spectrum you may be on. I am very thankful I usually fall on her good side.

It has taken a very long time, probably years, to finally have enough time off at the same time to go out for the day and try to capture some of this presence I have been talking about. In the wee hours of the morning, I took some shots that hopefully will show her strong and powerful side that has made her so successful in life, career and martial arts.













After the early morning session and freezing are buts off, we headed to get some coffee and warm up a little before shooting the second part of her persona. This time she was able to show not only her beauty but a side many do not see. Still a strong presence but now instead of instilling fear into others, she was turning heads with her femininity.















Not all of us are blessed with great beauty or even with a ton of smarts but at least you need to know someone that carries them and carries them well. That is my advice and I am sticking to it.

No comments: