Monday, September 14, 2009

When the Weather Would Not Cooperate

I woke up super early to pick up a few friends and shoot a sunrise over the city today. When looking up the sunrise time on the net, I miss read the sunrise time and arrived at the place I wanted to shoot an hour and a half earlier than needed. Oh well, better early than late. Sorry Steph and Travis :-<



Since the weather was not cooperating....grumble....grumble, we decided to get some breakfast and more importantly fill our bodies with coffee. Once our tummy's were full and we were buzzing off our caffeine, we continued onto our photo quest to Grace Cathedral. Since the weather was not giving us good lighting conditions, what better than to shoot some B&W shots inside one of the more unique churches of San Francisco.

This was the first time I used my tilt/shift lens. I must say, I love this lens and can not wait to use it more. As you can see, this church is unique in that it has a fairly large Labyrinth inside the church. While we were there, I watched people using the labyrinth. A direct quote from Wiki, "Walking among the turnings, one loses track of direction and of the outside world, and thus quiets the mind."





We found the organist practicing for the upcoming Choral Eucharist.


On the second floor sits The Chapel St.Francis/Colubarium. This place looks like a portal to another world. Beam me up Scotty!!!

On the front door are some ornate panels filled with scenes from the bible. I am always a sucker for well made art work.







Two fun pictures. First one is of Steph/Schmoo piercing me with a death stare for fibbing to her about the sunrise time.


This was Travis's payback for waking him up too early this morning and standing out in the cold for a sunrise that just never arrived.


Thank you Travis and Steph for getting up way too early, failing to get the planed shot but hanging out with me anyway. ;-) It was great shooting with you while catching up. Next time, you guys pick the place and time. :-D

No comments: