Friday, August 21, 2009

Southern France and My G10 pt.4

My kids were extremely excited when we told them that we were going to a real Castle called Cité de Carcassonne that is still occupied by private citizens. To tell you the truth, no matter how many times I have been here I still get a little excited. I can do without the touristy gift shop junk but I love the wall city itself. Where else can one walk across a moat into a wall city built in medieval times?

Le Cite - The city was gorgeous at night. This is where I wish a had a tripod with me.





Entrance to the center area of Le Cite. The walled city had three separate walls and two moats that protected this area from outside invaders.



This Gothic church was covered with Gargoyles.



I have always been fascinated by Gargoyles. The people that know me personally can contest to this by the large tattoo affixed to my right calf. I always thought of Gargoyles as the protectors from bad spirits.






still to come...part 5 and probably my last installment of this great family trip.

No comments: